NCERT Class 5 EVS Chapter 15 Blow Hot Blow Cold is about the different ways in which we can use our breath to warm and cool things.
The chapter explains the science behind why our breath is hotter or colder than the surrounding air. It also explains various other ways in which we can use our breath to warm and cool things.
Further, in the chapter various things are explained for which we blow air from our mouth like whistling, blowing balloon, etc.
Our Class 5 EVS chapter 15 worksheet with answers covers a variety of questions to help students grasp the topic in a fun and interactive way.
Also, do not forget to download our free printable NCERT Solutions for Class 5 EVS Chapter 15 PDF.
Blow Hot Blow Cold Worksheet
Class 5 EVS Chapter 15 Extra Questions and Answers
Q. Why do people blow air on their spectacles before cleaning them?
Ans. The air blown from the mouth is hot, and the glass of the spectacles is comparatively colder. The hot air we breathe out contains water vapours, which turn into tiny droplets of water when it comes in contact with the colder glass. This makes the glass moist and hazy.
Q. Why the air blown from our mouth cools the things in summer and warm in winters?
Ans. The air blown from our mouth is always at our normal body temperature, which is 98.7⁰F. Therefore, when we blow at some colder thing in winter its temperature rises and if we blow at some hotter thing its temperature falls.
Q. Why do people get relief when we blow on their wound?
Ans. When we blow on some wound, warm air comes out of our mouth. It gives relief to the pain.
Blow Hot Blow Cold Class 5 EVS MCQs
- In which of the following objects do we blow air?
a. Balloon b. Leather ball c. Both a & b d. None
- Blow hot, Blow cold was written by __.
a. Jakir Pal b. Zakir Khan c. Zakir Hussain d. None
- Which gas is necessary for burning fire?
a. Nitrous oxide b. Nitrogen c. Carbon dioxide d. Oxygen
- How many times does our heart beat in one minute? (normal adult)
a. 100-120 b. 150-200 c. 60-70 d. 72-80
- When our heartbeat become fastest?
a. Sitting b. Running c. Sleeping d. Eating
- Which activity did the woodcutter perform during the evening hours?
a. Selling wood b. Hunting animals c. Play with children d. Sleep
- Dr. Zakir Hussain wrote stories for children. He is _
a. 3rd president of India b. 1st President of India c. A famous Tabla player d. None of these
- When we blow on it, produce melodious sound
a. Dholak b. Tabla c. Guitar d. Flute
Class 5 EVS Chapter 15 Fill in the blanks
1. The woodcutter sells the wood in the __________.
2. Woodcutter was blowing the __________.
3. Our heart beats __________ after a run.
4. When the air blows upwards, the paper snake move in the ________ direction.
5. Our breath is __________ than hot tea, and so we blow air to cool hot tea.
6. When we blow air __________, our chest comes in.
7. Cold air is __________ and comes down.
8. ____________ air is light and rises up.
What do you get in Class 5 EVS Blow Hot Blow Cold PDF
- Printable EVS Worksheet in A4 PDF format.
- Free to download and easy to print at home.
- Answer key available at the last page.
- Wholly based on latest NCERT syllabus and pattern.
- Progressive approach with increasing difficulty level.