The Class 5 EVS chapter 12 What if it finishes is all about conservation of natural resources and switching to alternate sources of energy.
The students are going on a school trip by bus, where on the way they see lots of vehicles. Different vehicles use different fuel, but all are fossil fuels that will be exhausted soon.
The chapter discusses on various types of fuels, methods to conserve fossil fuel and alternate sources of energy.
Our Class 5 EVS chapter 12 worksheets are designed in a way to help students understand the topic in a step by step and easy way.
Moreover, our free printable Worksheet covers a variety of questions to help students grasp the topic in a fun and interactive way.
Also, do not forget to download our free printable NCERT Solutions for Class 5 EVS Chapter 12 PDF.
What if it finishes Questions and Answers
What if it finishes Notes
What are fossil fuels?
Fossil fuels are a type of non-renewable natural resource that is formed over millions of years deep under the earth outermost layer. The most common fossil fuels are coal, petroleum, and natural gas.
Fossil fuels are used to produce energy for transportation, electricity generation, and heating. We need to conserve fossil fuels and use alternative sources of energy such as solar, wind and water.
How can we conserve fossil fuels?
There are a number of things we can do to conserve fossil fuels:
- Drive less and use public transportation or cycle whenever possible.
- Use energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs.
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use.
- Recycle and compost to reduce the amount of waste.
- Switch to alternate sources of energy like solar and wind
Class 5 EVS chapter 12 MCQ
- Which among of the followings is not a form of petroleum?
a. Petrol b. Diesel c. LPG d. Uple
- Which of the following is a fossil fuel?
a. Wind b. Coal c. Biomass d. Solar
- Which of the following fuels gives least smoke?
a. Petrol b. CNG c. Diesel d. None
- Where is the Adalaj Step well located?
a. Ahmedabad b. Baroda c. Mumbai d. Surat
- To clean oil found deep down in the earth, it is sent to
a. Pumps b. Oil depot c. Refinery d. Mills
- Which of these is a renewable source of energy?
a. Solar b. Kerosene c. Natural gas d. Petrol
- Which mode of transport can reduce congestion or road?
a. Scooter b. Auto c. Bus d. Car
- Which mode of transport does not cause pollution?
a. Motor cycle b. Cycle c. Train d. Bus
- How many people in our India use upla, wood and dry twigs to cook food?
a. Half of the people b. One fourth of the people
c. Two thirds of the people d. All the people
- Which of the following is obtained from petroleum?
a. Wax b. LPG c. Coal tar d. All
Class 5 EVS chapter 12 Fill in the Blanks
- We can save a lot of fuel, if we use __ transport.
- __ oil is a smelly, thick, dark-coloured liquid.
- Vehicles stop at a __ for fuel.
- Diesel is __ than petrol.
- Crude oil is formed __ but slowly, deep down the earth.
- Adalaj step well is about __ km. from Ahmedabad.
- The poor villagers of our country still use _ and _ as
fuel to cook food.
- We should switch off the __ when we stop our vehicles at a red light.
- __ is formed naturally and quickly.
- There is a lot of smoke when ____________wood is burnt.
Class 5 EVS chapter 12 Extra Questions
- Name the mode of transport that does not cause pollution.
- Name any one renewable source of energy
- From where do we get petroleum?
- Name two vehicles that run on petrol?
- Name two states of India that have oil fields?
- Explain how can we save petrol?
What do you get in Class 5 EVS What if it Finishes PDF
- Printable EVS Worksheet in A4 PDF format.
- Free to download and easy to print at home.
- Answer key available at the last page.
- Wholly based on latest NCERT syllabus and pattern.
- Progressive approach with increasing difficulty level.