Every Drop Counts Class 5 worksheet talks about the importance of water, water conservation, and the consequences of wasting water.
Moreover, the chapter also discusses the consequences of water scarcity, such as droughts and famines. It also explains how we can increase the availability of water through rainwater harvesting.
Download our free printable Class 5 EVS every drop counts worksheet with answers PDF covering various types of practice question.
Also, do not forget to download our free printable NCERT Solutions for Class 5 EVS Chapter 4 PDF.
Class 5 Every Drop Counts worksheet PDF
The chapter begins by discussing the history of water conservation in India. It talks about how water was used and conserved in ancient India.
The chapter then discusses the problems that can arise if water is not conserved. It talks about the water crisis that is facing many parts of the world.
Some of the key points from Class 5 EVS Chapter 6
- Water is a precious resource that should be conserved.
- Conservation of water through rainwater harvesting and proper usage.
- Recycling water can help to reduce the amount of water that is used.
- Water should be used wisely and only for essential purposes.
Class 5 EVS Every Drop Counts worksheet answers
1. Who made Ghadsisar? Describe its structure.
Ans. Ghadsisar is a lake which was made by king Ghadsi of Jaisalmer, 650 years ago. The construction of his lake was suck that when the lake was full, the extra water flowed into another lake at a lower level, filling nine suck interconnected lakes. The collected water was used throughout the year.
2. What is a step well? Why is it called so?
Ans. Step well is a different form of well. Here many steps go down several storeys deep to reach water, instead of drawing the water up from the well, the people could go down the steps and reach the water that is why they are called step-wells.
3. List two causes of water shortage.
Ans. The main cause of water shortage is mismanagement of water for industrial production, irrigation and leading to regional conflicts on water resources.
4. “Every Drop Counts” is a slogan related to?
Ans. Every Drop Counts is a slogan related to the importance of water in our life.
5. What is the major difference between common wells and step wells?
Ans. Water has to be drawn up in common wells, whereas in step wells, people
can go down the steps & reach the water.
Some tips for conserving water:
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth.
- Fix any leaks in your home.
- Water your lawn and plants early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Wash your car less often.
- Use a water-efficient washing machine and dishwasher.
- Recycle water from your washing machine to water your plants.
- Collect rainwater in barrels to use for watering plants or washing your car.
What do you get in Class 5 EVS Every Drop Counts worksheet PDF
- Printable EVS Worksheet in A4 PDF format.
- Free to download and easy to print at home.
- Answer key available at the last page.
- Wholly based on latest NCERT syllabus and pattern.
- Progressive approach with increasing difficulty level.