Experiments with Water Class 5 Worksheet covers all the types of questions to help students grasp the topic in a fun and interactive way.
Moreover, the chapter explains different properties of water like how material floats on water or how material dissolves in water.
Download our free printable Experiments with Water Class 5 Questions and Answers PDF covering various types of practice question.
Also, do not forget to download our free printable NCERT Solutions for Class 5 EVS Chapter 7 PDF.
Class 5 EVS Chapter 7 Experiments with Water
Experiments with Water Class 5 MCQ
- Gandhiji marched from ___ to ___ to protest against the salt law.
a. Goa to Mumbai b. Ahmedabad to Dandi
c. Gandhinagar to Dandi d. Mumbai to Ahmedabad
- Salt and sugar easily dissolve in water because they are _________ in nature.
a. Immiscible b. Sparingly soluble c. Insoluble d. Soluble
- A boat floats on water, but a needle sinks down, it is due to _.
a. density of water b. Volume c. weight d. None
- How can mud be separated from muddy water?
a. Evaporation b. Decantation c. Filtration d. All of these
- All oceans and seas have _ water.
a. Sugary b. Sweet c. Salty d. Spicy
Experiments with Water Class 5 Questions and Answers
Q. Why does an empty bowl float in water?
Ans. Any object will float if its density is less than that of liquid. A wooden bowl will float as its density is less than water.
Q. Why do materials float on water?
Ans. Density plays an important part in why some things float and some sink. Objects that are denser than water sink, and those less dense float.
Q. What are 5 examples of materials that float?
Ans. 5 examples of material that floats on water are wood, plastic bottles, leaves, paper and ships.
Q. How salt can be obtained from seawater?
Ans. Common salt is obtained from seawater by the process of evaporation. Seawater contains a lot of dissolved salts and when the evaporation of seawater occurs, these salts are left behind.
Q. Why do a person, who cannot swim, will not drown in the Dead Sea?
Ans. Due to the high salt content, the water of Dead Sea is denser than the freshwater. So, objects which are less dense than the salty water will float, as seen in the case of human beings whose density is less than the density of Dead Sea water.
What do you get in Class 5 worksheet
- Printable EVS Worksheet in A4 PDF format.
- 100% Free to download and easy to print at home.
- Answer key available at the last page.
- Wholly based on latest NCERT syllabus and pattern.
- Progressive approach with increasing difficulty level.